Feeding your infant
- You are welcome to bring your own baby food and feeding equipment on board
- On international flights, our cabin crew are happy to prepare, heat and wash bottles whenever needed, but they don’t have a way to sterilise them
- For long haul flights, but not Tasman and Pacific flights, you can request a special infant meal when you book. For online bookings, please request this through the contact centre. Please do so at least 24 hours before your departure
Meals suitable for children 2 years and older are available on:
- All long haul flights
- Tasman and Pacific flights when you select The Works, Works Deluxe, Premium Economy or Business Premier products
(Children’s meals are not available on NZ7000 series flights operated by Virgin Australia and no meals are served on our domestic flights within New Zealand.)
To book a children's meal for you child, select the children’s meal option when you book your flights, or request it through the contact centre or your travel centre after you've booked. Please do this at least 24 hours before your departure.
A selection of the following items will be offered for children’s meals; please note these are for flights departing New Zealand only, and selection may vary on the day:
- Main meal: Waitoa free range chicken tenders with roasted kumara and broccoli or penne pasta with beef bolognaise meal both meals served with Kapiti ice cream, cheese stick, fruit juice and fresh apple pack
- Breakfast: cinnamon hotcakes with apple and raisin compote, fresh fruit salad , muffin and juice
- Snacks: available on long haul only or to purchase on short haul - Rookie Cookie, potato chips and fruit juice
We can also cater for children with special dietary needs and requirements on long haul flights. Please contact our Customer Support team for assistance.
Where possible, the cabin crew serve children's meals before serving adults, so you can feed your child before relaxing and enjoying your own meal.
Kids’ activities packs
When you book an international flight and order a children’s meal we include a fun kid’s pack.