Where to next?
Since launching our Sustainability Framework in 2015, we have moved from announcing our aspiration to supercharge New Zealand's success - socially, economically, and environmentally - to making it a reality. We recognise that the scale of many of the challenges that we face globally can only be achieved through strong collaboration, learning by doing, and sharing the failures as well as success.
As we look ahead, we will be focused on:
- Building on existing programmes to inspire youth through travel, and develop New Zealanders through world-class knowledge sharing
- Embedding safety as a shared value and a core business function
- Strengthening employee engagement, promoting diversity and inclusion, and becoming a talent incubator
- Improving the way that we weave Māori culture into our organisation
- Supporting additional biodiversity projects on three of New Zealand's Great Walks at Lake Waikaremoana, Whaganui River Journey, and Heaphy Track
- Implementing our new Carbon Reduction Programme
- Continuing to transition our electric ground fleet and encouraging others to do the same
- Implementing our new Sustainable Building Guidelines
- Continuing to improve our waste management, on the ground and in the air
- Supporting Antarctica New Zealand and New Zealand Antarctic Research Institute's new Antarctic Ecosystems project
- Championing a sustainable tourism plan for New Zealand
- Working towards 100% Supplier Code of Conduct compliance by 2020, and pursuing greater transparency and sustainability in our supply chain